Sunday, January 10, 2010

January already?

Hi. You don't read this blog for the consistent updates. You don't read this blog because it's even the slightest bit interesting. You don't read this blog because you want to stay "in touch" or something. You read the blog because potatoes are cool.

With that said, let's move to the new year.

I got pretty burnt out on the whole 180 man grind thing toward the end of the year. It wasn't like I suffered a huge massive downswing or anything (it was pretty small, really). I just kind of got tired of getting so deep consistently and following it with a blunt smack upside the head of crap variance. What can you do to counteract that? Would you answer it by switching to a game with even more variance? Why not!

I'm playing on full tilt instead of pokerstars because they've got these sweet super-turbo sngs. You start with 300 chips (10 blinds) and 9 players. Bad ass. People fly out of them so fast it's crazy. Most of the low limit guys have no clue about shove/calling ranges so it's just a game of analyzing general shove spots w/ 5-10 blinds most of the time. Plus, it's easy to squeak into the money if you're really short (most guys just think it's worth their time to poke that KTo into the pot after the big stack has already pushed and the shorty has 50 chips. sweet action jackson)

I'll try to update as the volume increases, but right now I'm only playing 4 tables at a time and reloading (average around 16-18 tables/hr). With the rakeback kicked in, I should make somewhere around $2/gm at the $28s and more as the roll increases. I figure if I can slog through 2k games this month, I should be grinding 45s exclusively by Feb. Let's hope, at least.

In other news, the holidays were freaking amazing. I was home for a week and a half (with a lot of snow), had a 3 night gig (about damn time I got some more trombone work), and enjoyed seeing the family. My girlfriend bought us tickets to a St. Louis Blues hockey game in St. Louis just before New Years and I got to go to another Blues game here in LA just last night. New Years in StL was pretty sweet, too. Oh, and I worked the World Series of Beer Pong tourney in Vegas again this year. We worked a lot more hours this year, but it was a complete blast (and I ended up chopping the $150 Caesar's nightly for about $1300 with my buddy Brian).

Anyway, thank God the holidays are over. As fun as they were, I'm a total fatty again. Let's work on that...I hear they have this new Taco Bell diet.

No comments: