Wednesday, April 29, 2009

- April Results and Vacation

I promised to give an update on the previously noted "banner month" of April. Since poker is a high-variance game in general, the way the month started really couldn't continue for a whole 1500 games. I was averaging around 5.50/gm for the first 850 or so, then went on a stiff 1250 downswing for a few hundred games. The last couple hundred of the month turned around and got an average of about $3.75/gm for 1500. Really was hoping to average 4 or over, but there's always May. As I get closer to decent sample sizes (around 2k games) for the individual 18 and 45-man games, I'll include stats for them, too.

Since no one can control the way the cards fall, I decided to start rewarding myself for monthly game quotas rather than how much profit I earn. Figure 1500 games for months that I can't play more than 3 weeks is a solid goal. April's reward? New lappy. Hopefully it'll arrive in LA around the time I get back from the Midwest. Like April, May will probably just be a 1500 game month since I won't get back to LA before the 10th. If I reach the quota, I'm buying DDR for my Wii. Yard thinks that's stupid...and I think he's stupid. Boom. Roasted.

Welp, I'm fried after playing piano for 7 hours each day for the last two days. The piano exam is at 2 pm Friday...say a prayer for me. See you on the other side.

No comments: