Tuesday, February 10, 2009

- gotta figure out a way to retain supernova and some life nuggets

The games overall have been pretty standard. Had a couple day stretch where I ran like a drunken hobo, but if I stick to the lower games, I should keep avg'ing 3-4 dollars/gm. The problem that arises, though, is the fact that I'm not getting enough vpps during my sessions to retain the 10k vpps/month necessary for supernova.

*note* Supernova is a sort of ranking system used by Pokerstars to reward high-volume players with more rakeback or "fpps" that can be exchanged for money and tvs and stuff. Basically, by keeping it, it's costing me a lot less rake to play on the site.

Right now we're 10 days into Feb and I figure I'll be around 4k vpps by the end of it. If I don't get at least 10k vpps by the end of the month, I lose my status and all the benefits. Not good. I'm probably going to have to start mixing in 10-15 9-man games during the day to make sure I push over the mark.

Other than that, life is pretty good. Going to the DMV tomorrow for (hopefully) the final time in CA to finish off my car's registration. Kinda pathetic, though, because I'm probably not going to be out here too much longer. Trombone has been getting better for the most part. My flexibility had completely gone to crap over the past few months and I finally have been sticking to my lip slur material enough to see some substantial progress. During my Junior/Senior year of undergrad, my general flexibility was probably at its best. While my overall playing ability has improved a ridiculous amount since then, it's disappointing that I've gotten so relaxed on one of the most important parts of brass playing.

1 comment:

Ryan and Max's Mama said...

Plus, who really wants to drive in LA anyway? It's not really driving. It's more like sitting in your car on the freeway. You can do that at home.

Where to next? NY?