Thursday, March 18, 2010

- Beating frustration

So, I've gotten a solid amount of volume over the past several weeks and made pretty much nothing except rakeback. Every day that I play more then 30 games (which has been everyday except 2) it's some combination of up several hundred, down several hundred. Not to belabor a sob story, but I've already had 7 $800+ downswings this month. Psychologically I'm stronger than ever, but the constant thought of the next 30-50 game bad stretch is getting old. Sitting and playing for 5-7 hours per day is all well and good if you have some kind of idea what your expected profit is going to be. Unfortunately, as of right now, I have absolutely no clue what I'm earning as an hourly.

I've been running more and more hands and I'm pretty sure that my B-game is still better than 90% of my opponents' A-game. Eventually, I'm going to run well for 3-5 days and make my entire months profit (note: the term "run well" implies that 80/20s [i.e. 99 vs. 55] will hold 70% of the time and 70/30s [i.e. AQ vs. A7] will hold 60% of the time on bubbles). The only silver lining of all of this continuous volume is that I stand a good chance of making an extra rakeback bonus at the end of this month. Yay volume.

No comments: